Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) are a core part of Hartzell’s product design, manufacturing and quality control processes. Hartzell is looking to add an experienced CMM Programmer to our world-class manufacturing team. This is a full time CMM Programmer job, located at Hartzell HQ in Piqua, Ohio. Responsibilities, requirements, technical skills and job expectations for the role can be found below.
Hartzell Propeller is the world leader in aircraft propeller design and manufacturing. We have produced propellers for the Wright Brothers, world-record breaking aircraft, the U.S. military and the worlds greatest aerobatic performers. If you think you have what it takes to join our unparalleled team, apply here.
Key Deliverables of the Position
- Create, edit and approve CMM programming for current products and new product development utilizing PCDMIS software to ensure parts meet quality specifications.
- Program off-line with CAD Models
- On-line programming with and without CAD models
- Maintain and update existing CMM programs.
- Troubleshoot inspection problems on production floor.
- Partner with the CNC programmers to create manufacturing processes.
- Support training of the CMM operator.
- Coordinate service, support and new equipment from CMM vendors.
- Candidate should have 5 years of experience in inspection/quality
- Candidate should have 1-3 years of experience of CMM programming
Required Technical Competencies
- CMM programming experience utilizing PC-DMIS
- Excellent blueprint reading skills
- Understanding of GD&T
- Proficient Computer Skills (MS-Office)
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Desired Technical Competencies
- Experience with Solid Works software
- Experience with Mechanical Inspection
- Experience with Inspection Planning
- Strong math skills (geometry, trigonometry, algebra)
Required Behavioral Competencies:
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
- Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward completion of goals.
- Manages Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Continuous Learning – Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
Hartzell Propeller is an Equal Opportunity Employer which participates in Affirmative Action and the e-Verify program.