As the global leader in designing, manufacturing and servicing aircraft propellers, Hartzell Propeller is driven to meet the needs of our customers by working to continuously improve every aspect of our business in ways that matter to customers. Now, we’re looking for an IT Support Technician to join our team and advance the future of aviation. Learn more below:
The IT Support Technician is responsible to provide in-house technical PC hardware and software support for our workforce and to complete PC/Laptop configurations based upon user communicated requirements. The procurement of computer equipment/software, management of software licenses, maintaining and troubleshooting printers/copiers/scanners along with maintaining and debugging PCs will be part of the responsibility of the IT Support Technician.
Key Deliverables of the Position:
- Respond to user based inquiries, such as troubleshooting software issues, hardware set up and equipment training if required.
- Document and maintain all computer related peripherals
- Maintain and create team and user based instructions
- Stay abreast of updated software and technology options and make recommendations for implementation to further enhance the technological environment at Hartzell
- Communicate issues to all IT team members, provide oversight, knowledge and input
Associate Degree in Computer Science; 1-3 years of applicable experience
Required Technical Competencies
- Strong knowledge of PC/Laptop hardware, ability to configure and troubleshoot
- Proficient in software (knowledge of applications – MS Office Suite)
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology
- Familiarity with networking systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage and procure computer-related equipment and tools
- Project Management Skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Desired Secondary Technical Competencies
- ERP manufacturing software (Mapics)
- NEC phone system
- Wireless communication
- Mobile technologies
- Knowledge of telecommunications
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Continuous Learning – Demonstrated ability to learn continuously and apply newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
- Customer Focus – Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive
- Manages Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
Hartzell Propeller is an EEO/AA/E-verify employer.
Apply online here.