Hartzell Propeller is looking for a Technical Customer Service Representative to join our team and advance the future of aviation!
Hartzell Propeller Inc. is a world class engineering and manufacturing company offering the broadest range of propeller systems in the aviation industry. We design, develop, test, manufacture, and support constant-speed aluminum and composite propeller systems for all categories of aircraft, ranging from general aviation to military applications.
The company traces its history to 1914, where a relationship between Orville Wright and Robert Hartzell led to the manufacture of the first Hartzell propeller in 1917. The company was founded on the principle of “Built on Honor” – a clear and abiding value in our business. We are a team-oriented company where individual contributions are encouraged and recognized.
Hartzell Propeller is located in Piqua, Ohio, approximately 25 miles north of Dayton – the birthplace of aviation. Piqua is a community of 22,000, which offers a friendly, small-town atmosphere yet is still an easy drive to Dayton, Columbus, and Cincinnati.
Details of the position are below:
Key Expected Deliverables from the position
- Understand product line and quote prices, credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Deliver excellent customer service by providing timely responses to customer inquiries and providing technical assistance to assure appropriate product selection for a given application.
- To assist customer with general technical inquiries including overhaul and other service needs.
- Coordinate with production and purchasing to expedite product or services to meet customer needs.
- Coordinate customer requirements with shipping and prepare export documentation when required.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding billing or service rendered and refer service complaints to appropriate individuals for investigation.
- The Customer Service Representative is responsible for sales, customer service, clerical and office management functions.
- Communication with customers by phone, fax or in person, receive orders and manage and prioritize customer needs.
- Purchase Order review and order entry.
- Estimate dates of delivery to customer, prepare invoices, return material authorization and other documents as required.
- Address complaints concerning billing or service rendered, read computer files or gather records such as purchase orders, sales tickets and charge slips to compile data.
Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school desired, or a minimum of one to three years of related experience and/or training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Financial Understanding (Pricing, Margins, Costing)
- Experience with Invoicing
- Understanding of Inventory Control
- Basic computer skills; (Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.).
- Data Entry Skills
- Basic Mathematical Skills
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Customer Focus – Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Applied Learning – Assimilates and applies new job related information in a timely manner.
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Manages Work – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Hartzell is an EEO/AA/E-Verify Employer.