Hartzell Propeller aspires to be the best at what we do and to maintain our market-leading position. We’re driven to meet the needs of its customers by working to continuously improve every aspect of our business in ways that matter to customers. Now, we’re accepting applications for a talented CAD Drafter.
The CAD Designer supports Design Engineers in making changes to or creating new 3D models, drawing and technical specifications. In addition, the drafter assists in managing the changes to engineering records to insure the integrity of Hartzell product lines.
Key Deliverables of the Position
1) Generate models and drawings for components or assemblies based on measurements taken from components, sketches or 2D drawings.
2) Process engineering changes requests via SolidWorks, and AutoCAD
3) Create and modify all affected areas on detail and assembly drawings such as Bills of Material (BOM), revision blocks, notes, charts, line styles, part orientation, projection, dimensions and tolerances.
First Year Success Factors
1) Proficiency with HPI change management processes
2) Familiarization with all HPI Products
Required Education and Experience
Two year technical degree in Drafting and Design Technology or equivalent work experience.
Required Technical Competencies
1) Experience with and working knowledge of 2D & 3D CAD software, preferably AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
2) Experience with ASME Y14.5 standards of GD&T.
3) Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
4) Proficiency with various forms of hard gauging such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
5) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
6) Ability to work with mathematical concepts and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry.
Preferred Technical Competencies
1) Experience with aviation related products and the FAA regulatory system.
2) Experience working in an Engineering/Manufacturing environment.
3) A good understanding of mechanical structures and manufacturing processes.
Required Behavioral Competencies
1) Builds Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
2) Continuous Learning – Demonstrated ability to learn continuously and apply newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
3) Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
4) Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive
5) Manages Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
6) Quality Orientation – Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time
• Competitive compensation & benefits package
Apply on-line here.