Hartzell Propeller is looking for several experienced CNC machinists to join our team.
Hartzell Propeller’s history spans generations and is tied to some of the greatest moments in the history of flight. As the world leader in aircraft propeller design and manufacturing, Hartzell Propeller has produced propellers for the Wright Brothers, world-record breaking aircraft, the U.S. military and the world’s greatest aerobatic performers. We are a small, team-oriented company where individual contributions are encouraged and recognized. CNC machinists make up an essential part of our staff, and their work helps us continue leading the future in aircraft propeller manufacturing.
Hartzell Propeller is located in Piqua, Ohio, approximately 25 miles north of Dayton – the birthplace of aviation. Piqua is a community of 22,000, which offers a friendly, small-town atmosphere yet is still an easy drive to Dayton, Columbus, and Cincinnati.
Details of the position are below:
The CNC Machinist is a full position responsible for the operation of one or more machine tools or special purpose machines to machine metal parts to required specifications.
Examples of Typical Job Activities:
- Run Standard operating procedures on multiple axis machines
- Contact Manufacturing Services to troubleshoot process problems
- Change perishable tooling when required
- Install new tool holders
- Follow set up instructions to set up CNC machines
- Following inspection plans to inspect parts
- Communicate to co-workers on status of cell operations
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Troubleshoot tooling as required
- Work holding (fixturing – chucking)
- Perform basic programming on machines
High School Diploma or GED required;
CNC 1 – 1-5 years of experience and completion of a machining apprenticeship program
CNC 2 – A minimum of 5 years of experience with multi-axis CNC and manual machines
Required Technical Skills
1. Competency in Machining Skills:
- Work holding
- Programming preferred
2. Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
Required Behavioral Skills
- Applied Learning – Assimilates and applies new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Quality Oriented – Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
- Willingness to take feedback – open to new ideas
For more information and to apply, click here.
As with all employment opportunities at Hartzell, flying experience and an interest in aviation is a plus!
Hartzell is an EEO/AA E-Verify Employer.